Houston Adventure Boot Camp is taught by certified and experienced boot camp trainers and your membership allows you to attend as often as you like and at any location you want. It is a continuous running fitness program of instruction and motivation each day for an hour where no two workouts are ever the same and all levels are welcomed. It’s a fitness adventure that will get you in shape!!
- What if I’m not very physically fit?
NOBODY will be left behind or asked to complete more than they are capable of doing safely. People of all ages and abilities are welcome to participate in boot camp. We have had people with bad knees, overweight, pregnant, post operative, etc. As long as your doctor clears you, we can work with you and modify the workout for your specific needs.
- When does the next boot camp start?
You can start whenever you are ready. Our classes run all the time. Once you sign up, your membership fee will be deducted every month on the same day.
- What do I need to bring to boot camp?
An exercise mat, water bottle, 5-8 lb hand weights (10-12 lbs for men), running shoes, and a sense of adventure. These items can be purchased at any local Target, Wal-Mart, Sports Authority, Academy etc…Well, except for the sense of Adventure. You have to shop your heart for that 😉 Some boot campers like to bring weight lifting gloves for ground work and other activities using your hands, but this is not mandatory. Also a towel is a good idea to bring as well.
- What results can I expect to see?
You’ll have more energy, increased strength and endurance and increased confidence. You can always count on fun shape up activities, designed to reach your goals
- How much does boot camp cost? Please see our pricing page for details on cost
- Where is boot camp located?
Spotts Park and Levy Park. You can check out the location space in the menu bar for more info,
- How often will we meet?
How often we meet will depend on how often you want to attend. There are classes 4 days of the week if you are willing to travel to both locations. Classes are offered 6:30pm-7:30pm on Mon, Tues, Thur and 8:30am – 9:30am on Saturday. All participants will be expected to arrive on time.
- What does boot camp include?
Camp will include a combination of cardio and strength training. Each individual will work at their level but will be pushed to their individual limits. Some days will include equipment brought in by the trainer while other days will simply be body weight exercises or exercises that utilize your mat and weights.
- What happens in inclement weather?
Your boot camp instructor will provide specific instructions for handling these days. You should never assume boot camp is canceled. Most of the time class will be held in inclement weather unless it is a danger to get there. Instructors will keep the class informed.
- What is a typical day like at camp?That’s difficult to say since each day is intentionally different to alleviate boredom. You can expect sports drills, yoga/pilates-type mat work, some running, weight training, obstacle courses, jumping rope and more each week. It’s always an adventure, and you’ll always have fun! The instructors teach you a great deal about proper form and “core stability.”
- What if my friend wants to join after I have started?
Friends can come try the class out for free for a day. Or you can join together for a discounted rate.
for more details!